Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Owen's Birthday Trip 2 Universal Studios

Hey everyone!

Still recovering from this past weekend as we celebrated my amazing son's 6th birthday.  We decided to take him on a special trip to Orlando instead of throwing him a party. It was an awesome experience and lots of family fun at the Universal parks for three days.  We kept his friends involved by having them donate blankets and coats for a local charity instead of gifts. It was a huge success! My son loved the idea of helping others. This was a wonderful learning experience and taught him what it means to have a servant's heart. We treated the trip as a reward for his big heart for putting the children's needs first.

On our trip we got plenty of exercise. On average, we walked twelve miles a day!! I thought my son would have complained but he was much too excited to get to each ride so he didn't seem to mind. Did I mention that two of the three days it was cold and rainy? As we made the drive down the forecast changed drastically. We were all troopers and still had a blast. But Sunday was the best day of all. It was the only day I could pull out the shorts and my favorite long sleeve. Of course it was from Swirlgear because it was cute, lightweight, and I found out it dries fast after two water rides... YES water rides!!

Anyways, I hope everyone is enjoyed the weekend and did something fun and active:)

Enjoy Today and Happy Running! !

1 comment:

  1. LOVE all the photos!!! Looks like you guys had an amazing time, even though it was rainy :)

    ReplyDelete